Spring Fling 2019
JOIN US FEB 22nd 6:00-8:30 PM for the Spring Fling Dance, Talent Showcase and Auction
It will be “OUT OF THIS WORLD!”
Each Spring, Boggess PTA hosts a fun family Dance and Silent Auction to raise funds for PTA events (field trips, t-shirts, assemblies, field day and so much more)!
Check back on 2/18 to start bidding. Here's the link: https://www.32auctions.com/boggessspringfling
We encourage all our families to attend. It’s also a community event, so family, friends, neighbors and other community partners are also invited.
Come join the party for just $5.00 admission; tickets will be on sale Feb 18-22 and on-site.
You can also use the Boggess PTA General Donation Form
to purchase tickets. Choose "Spring Fling" as the item you are purchasing.
**Reminder Friday is the deadline to sign up for the talent showcase to Mrs. Hans.**
**$5 tickets will be on sale Tuesday to Friday next week 7-7:45 in front of the library.**
Parents, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
This event is a parent-led and run program, and currently we do not have enough volunteers to host this event for our kiddos! Please signup to volunteer here.
Graduating Senior Scholarship
Each year, the Boggess Elementary PTA awards a $500 scholarship to a graduating senior who attended Boggess Elementary for a minimum of 2 years during their early education.
This scholarship is available to any graduating senior (not limited to PISD students).
Think the PTA is an elite group of people sitting around visiting? Think again! The Boggess PTA is a dynamic group of involved parent and teacher volunteers dedicated to enhancing student education, advocating for students, and serving the Boggess community.
Here’s what your PTA dues support:
- Enrichment programs, such as author visits, Family Fine Arts night, S.T.E.M. night, etc.
- Offset the cost of field trips
- Free books for classrooms
- Free grade level t-shirts
- and more...
You can be as involved as you like. Do you have special skills, like fundraising or event management? Or do you simply want to get more involved in what’s happening at school? Either way, we’d love to have you.
The National PTA has Standards for Family-School Partnerships
that we at Boggess want to succeed in engaging. We can only do this through your support and involvement. Engage with Boggess!
There are other numerous membership benefits
to joining PTA, check it out: https://www.txpta.org/member-perks
Benefit Boggess when you Shop
The Boggess PTA Participates with several Community Partners all year long. If you are shopping this summer, please consider participating with the following:
- Kroger - Community Rewards - Link your Kroger card to the Boggess PTA and donate as you shop. (Requires yearly renewal)
- Amazon Smile - Link your Amazon account to the Boggess PTA and donate as you shop via smile.amazon.com
- Box Tops for Education - Keep collecting those Box Tops this summer and bring them in when school starts in August!
- Dell Chromebooks and Boggess PTA - If you're in the market for a starter computer for your student, consider a Chromebook. The students use them, and this deal benefits the students by supporting the Boggess PTA